Fellow Republicans and Committee Members –
The Republican Party of Florida had a conference call for members of the State Committee tonight and I wanted to take the opportunity to update you on the items discussed on that call as well as some other things that are happening locally. If you have any questions, or need clarification on anything in this email, please feel free to call me at 772.237.0984
or send me an email.
1. Next REC Meeting is Tuesday, March 7 at 6:30 PM: We will be conducting elections to fill vacancies for the offices of Vice Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer. Those members who attended our February 1st meeting and completed a candidate oath and loyalty oath will be eligible to run for these positions and vote.
The meeting will take place at the Treasure Coast Builders Association located on US1, located just north of Norris’s and the Draft House. I encourage all members to attend to participate in our election.
If you are considering joining the committee, please attend this meeting as we are still in a period of open enrollment. You will be able to join the committee that night, but will not have voting privileges until the next day. I have attached the candidate oath and loyalty oath if you would like to complete your paperwork in advance.
2. Vice Mayor Shannon Martin Switches From Democrat to Republican: A warm welcome to the Republican Party’s Newest Member. The city of Port St. Lucie, the 8th largest city in the state of Florida, now has zero elected Democrats on the city council. RPOF Chairman Blaise Ingoglia gave St. Lucie County and Shannon a shout out on the conference call – when he announced several other elected officials across the state who made the switch. We are looking forward to working with Shannon and anyone willing to embrace conservative Republican principles.
3. Digital Engagement Committee Co-Chair Appointment: I am excited to be appointed Co-Chair of the Republican Party of Florida Digital Engagement Committee. I will be serving with my friend Jesse Phillips, the State Committeeman from Seminole County. The purpose of the Digital Engagement Committee is to educate and inform the State Executive Committee on how best to utilize technology, social media, digital ads, email, data acquisition, voter databases, video, etc…for party messaging, micro-targeting, and GOTV efforts. We look forward to equipping party leaders to use the internet to paint Florida red.
4. Florida Right to Life PAC Appointment: Florida Right to Life Board Chairman appointed me to serve on Florida Right To Life’s PAC. I will be responsible for helping to vet candidates for state and federal office, as well as efforts to advance Florida Right to Life’s legislative agenda.
5. St. Lucie County Fair Is Underway: The St. Lucie County Fair began on Friday, February 24th and will run until Sunday, March 5th. We have had lots of foot traffic and collected dozens of email addresses, as well as new TARS and Lipstick Republicans. A special thank you to Mary Anne Russell, Bob Golding, the Peith family, and the Cox family for helping with setup. We still need additional volunteers for breakdown on Sunday, March 5. Please let me know if you are able to help (we already have a truck).
I have attached some photos from our booth this week. A sincere thank you to everyone who has helped with this effort in any way. If you plan on attending the fair, come by and say hello!
6. Spirit of America Rally This Weekend March 4: The sign-waving event will take place at the intersection of US-1 and Port St. Lucie Blvd from 3:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. Please feel free to bring American flags or Trump signs. Signs and bottled water will be available for those who need it. A huge thanks to SLC Trump Chair Kelly Ruiz for organizing and to YOU for your participation.
7. Lincoln Day Dinner Planning Meeting:
There will be a meeting of the Lincoln Day Dinner Planning Committee this Wednesday, March 1st at 7:00 P.M. The meeting will take place at Republican Headquarters, 6835 S US1, Port St. Lucie, FL. This meeting should only last about 30 – 45 minutes. Please contact committee chairman Mary Anne Russell at email@example.com
if you are interested in attending.
8. Congressman Brian Mast Veterans Town Hall Meeting: I attended Congressman Brian Mast’s Townhall meeting this past Friday and I can only say I am very proud that Brian Mast is our Congressman. He was completely disarming. He is patient, well-spoken, and honest. He stayed until everyone’s question could be heard. We are lucky to have a true representative of the people who cares what YOU think.
9. RPOF Hires Director of Party Development: Brooke Renney is the newest member of the Republican Party of Florida staff. Brooke will serve as the Director of Party Development. She will be given a number of different responsibilities, but she will also serve as another contact and resource for the members of the State Executive Committee.
10. Next Republican Party of Florida Quarterly: The RPOF Spring Quarterly Meeting will be held on April 28th and 29th at the DoubleTree Tampa Airport – Westshore.
11. Project Majority Red: The RPOF will be proactively and aggressively working on closing the voter registration gap in Florida. This will include Church Drives, voter drives at community events, recruiting conservative elected officials to switch parties, etc. More on this exciting initiative to come.